This is the authentic recipe to make a shredded beef barbacoa torta at home! It is an easy Mexican sandwich recipe. Barbacoa Tortas are perfect for feeding a crowd or when you have some leftover barbacoa that is not enough to make tacos for everyone.
Torta de Barbacoa can be enjoyed as breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They are especially popular as Sunday morning brunch. Eating tortas or tacos de barbacoa is almost a Sunday ritual for us Mexicans. This traditional Mexican dish consists of a bun filled with shredded beef that has been cooked in a flavorful barbacoa sauce. This savory and flavorful sandwich is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it!
- Bread: telera, bolillo rolls, pan frances. something very similar to all of this that you can find anywhere is ciabatta.
- ½ cup Mexican shredded beef barbacoa
- Butter *optional
- Refried beans
- Shredded Lettuce
- Cheese, you can use queso fresco, American cheese, Oaxaca cheese, Chihuahua, or any melting cheese.
- Salsa or Mexican pickled jalapenos or serrano
You Definitely will need a hot sauce to put on your torta, here are my Authentic Mexican Salasas recipes!
How to Make
Making a Mexican Torta de Barbacoa is surprisingly easy and requires only a handful of ingredients.
Planning ahead is key. The barbacoa needs to be cooked in advance, so the dish is ready to be made whenever you have a craving for it. Here is the best barbacoa recipe! although you can usually find Barbacoa on Sundays in most Mexican supermarkets.
Once everything is done, the rest is just putting it all together. Plus, don’t forget to serve it with a garnish of your choice. Here is a list of authentic Taco toppings that also go great with tortas!
- Start with a fresh French roll or bolillo. Cut in half length wide.
- Spread a generous layer of mayonnaise on both sides of the bread.
- Warm up the bread on a griddle.
- Spread one side of the bread with avocado and the other with fried beans.
- Place the barbacoa on top of the bottom bread.
- Add thin slices of tomato, onion, and some finely shredded lettuce.
- Add some hot sauce on top, I would recommend one of my faves! serrano salsa
- Finally, close the sandwich and enjoy!
Not enough barbacoa for everyone? checkout this amazing torta de jamón y queso.
What is Barbacoa?
Barbacoa is a traditional dish that is deeply rooted in Mexican cuisine. It is made by slow-cooking beef, lamb, or goat for several hours until it is tender and easily shredded. Barbacoa is seasoned with dried chilies and spices. The result is a flavorful and succulent meat that is often used in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and other Mexican dishes… and you know what? I have all those recipe options for you! check out this easy authentic barbacoa recipe here!
Leftover Barbacoa? check out these other great recipes
- Tacos de barbacoa
- Burrito de Barbacoa
- Authentic Barbacoa Recipe
- The best Mexican Salsas for your tacos! and tortas!
- How to make barbacoa sauce
- Ham and Cheese Torta recipe
- 1 Griddle
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Knife
- 2 slices onion
- 3 slices tomato
- 3 tablespoons avocado
- 3 tablespoons Fried beans
- ¼ cup chredded lettuce
- 2 tablspoons hot sauce
- ½ cup shredded beef
- 2 tablespoons Mayoneisse
- 1 piece bolillo, telera or French Bread
- 2 slices cheese optional
- Cut the bread length wide.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides.
- Warm up the bread on a griddle on both sides allowing the side with the mayo to toast a little bit.
- On the bottom, the bread roll side spread some fried beans, and on the other side spread smashed avocado.
- Add the barbacoa on top of the beans.
- Add slices of tomato, shredded lettuce, and onion along with some slices of pickled jalapeno or salsa.
- Finally, close the sandwich and enjoy! With the right ingredients, Mexican torta de barbacoa sandwiches can be an incredibly tasty and satisfying meal.
- Super Mario Bros Movie Lunch Box Idea - May 23, 2023
- Make Piranha Plants from Super Mario Bros!The Perfect Birthday Party Treat - May 11, 2023
- Princess Peach Cupcakes Toadstool Cafe Copycat recipe - May 10, 2023
Leave a Reply