Spicy Spaghetti with shrimp is a healthy a delicious meal that’s ready in minutes. You’ll love the delightful flavor and spice of this dish. This recipe is sure to please your whole family. I start with classic spaghetti pasta, which goes perfectly with succulent shrimp and dry sherry and of course, some spicy crushed red pepper to add some Latin flavor. Make it for dinner tonight, or for your next party, either way, this spicy spaghetti is sure to be a delight.
SPICY SPAGHETTI WITH SHRIMP IN DRY SHERRY
One of my greatest passions is cooking. I love to think of combinations of flavors that will keep my family healthy and nourished. My greatest reward is after preparing and cooking a meal is seeing my husband Jorge smile when he tastes my food and says, “This is delicious, Honey!”
We Latinas have a rich cultural legacy that spans many generations and we can now use it to prepare our family’s favorite foods. As Latinas we have the advantage of relating our kitchen to family memories. Do you ever cook dishes that are inspired or were taught to you by your grandmother? What creations come to mind when you think of her? I thought of dry sherry, orange, crushed red pepper, almonds … and shrimp! Ingredients that are prefect for Lent!
I don’t know a single person in the world who says they don’t like pasta. With Barilla, you can’t go wrong, it’s cheap, easy to make and most important of all, it goes a long way.
This spicy and delicious pasta recipe is perfect to surprise your guests at any gathering. Pasta never fails!
So let’s stop talking and let’s start making some spaghetti! Let me show you how.
SPAGHETTI WITH SHRIMP
1 box of Thick Spaghetti n.7
1 cup orange juice
1 cup Dry Sherry or white wine
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons of butter
Salt to taste
20 toasted almonds
¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
1.5 pounds of shrimp
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Boil pasta in water according to package instructions
- Sautée the garlic and onions
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 3 pinches of crushed red pepper
- Add orange juice and cook it all together
- Add almonds
- Once everything is cooked, add the cup of dry sherry
- Blend everything together and simmer
- Drain the spaghetti and add it to the sauce
- Add 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and mix
- Shrimp: Melt the butter and add 1 ½ tbsp of minced garlic
- Add ¼ cup of orange juice, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and ¼ cup of dry sherry
- Simmer the mixture and cook shrimp in it.
- Add the cooked shrimp and mix
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends. ❤Laura