This yummy zucchini chicken soup is warm and comforting without adding fat or calories. It is one of my go-to soups for winter because it is hot, healthy and a great cold buster. I like to add jalapeño for a spicy flavor. You can make it mild or extra spicy; however you like it, it will be a treat.
ZUCCHINI SOUP WITH CHICKEN AND JALAPEÑO
Portions: 2 Preparation time: 15 minutes
This delicious zucchini soup is great during winter. We are going to add garlic to turn it into a powerful cold fighter. Chicken soup has always been known to be a soothing and cold relieving meal. This recipe is great because it not only has chicken and vegetables, but spicy jalapeño that works as a natural decongestant by clearing nasal passages.
This soup is not only for colds; it is a great way to lose or maintain your weight. Did you know that jalapeños and other peppers have a naturally occurring chemical called capsaicin? This is what makes hot chili peppers so spicy. Capsaicin has been shown to aid in weight loss in numerous studies. That is just one more reason to spice up this soup with jalapeño. If you want to know how spicy a pepper is, the secret is to smell it. If it smells spicy, it is hot!
Did you know that zucchini is rich in folate, vitamin C, vitamin B and beta-carotene? Zucchini is a vegetable rich in water that has very few calories. This makes it a good option for weight loss. This recipe also has chicken, which adds protein to your meal. I like to use chicken thighs because I find they are more flavorful and the meat is more tender and juicy. However, you can use chicken breast if you would like a super low-fat version of this soup.
This recipe is also carb-free and fast and easy to make. This is one of my favorite recipes and I make it often in my home. You can add any protein you like to change up this recipe. I like to add chicken and cook it all together, but I have even prepared it with a hard-boiled egg and queso fresco. It is ideal to complement food or great as a healthy breakfast or dinner. I hope you enjoy making and eating this simple and delicious healthy meal.
For more tips and inspiration to make this recipe, watch my video on Youtube:
ZUCCHINI SOUP WITH JALAPEÑO
2 skinless chicken thighs
2 garlic cloves
2 chopped zucchini
Salt to taste
1 tbsp of sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Remove the skin and as much fat from the chicken
- Boil some water in a pot. Add a chunk of onion, and the chicken thighs
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and set it aside
- Add the zucchini, onion and garlic to the broth. You may discard the broth and use clean water to reduce the fat in this recipe
- Once the zucchini is soft, remove it and blend it with the garlic and onions until smooth.
- Shred the chicken thighs and remove the bones.
- Put the zucchini mixture and the shredded chicken back in the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt for a healthier option.
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends. ❤Laura
- Serrano Salsa - February 3, 2023
- Molcajete Sauce - February 2, 2023
- Tacos Toppings - January 20, 2023
Leave a Reply