This Mexican oven-roasted turkey recipe is really easy to make with very affordable ingredients that you find anywhere. If you really want to surprise your family and friends it is time to try something new. What about bringing some fancy Mexican flavor to your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner! by the way, do not worry this is not spicy at all! I know it gets hard to believe this kind of affirmations coming from a Mexican mom but believe me. This traditional Mexican recipe for Oven Roasted Turket is not spicy.
I have a special technique to cook a turkey in a very easy way. The first time I roasted a turkey I was so afraid! Such a big bird and worst of all it is actually the center of attention during the holidays so better do not to mess up! So you have nothing to worry about because I give you step-by-step instructions for a perfect tender and juicy Mexican oven-roasted turkey wrapped in bacon.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CHIPOTLE ORANGE MARINADE FOR OVEN ROASTED TURKEY
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/4 tbsp ground pepper
- 2 small onions
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 apple
- 1 garlic head
HOW TO MAKE AN BACON WRAPPED OVEN ROASTED TURKEY
- Blend the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of orange juice, butter, 1 tablespoon and a half of salt, the tail onion, 3 tablespoons of garlic and the ground pepper.
- Separate the skin of the turkey with the help of a spoon to plac einside the mixture that we made. Be careful not to break the skin because this will be like a bag that will allow the seasoning to stay inside
- We are going to take our mixture and we are going to put it inside, with your hands you are going to distribute it throughout the inside of the turkey. Push it allover the breast and turkey legs.
- Blend the orange juice, half a tablespoon of salt, honey and 2 chipotle peppers
- In a turkey baking bag add 1 tbsp of flour and spread
- Fold the turkey wings and put them on the bottom, in this way they look much more beautiful when serving at the table.
- Place the turkey in the bag and add the marinade. Marinate overnight preferably. Remeber to flip over the bag with the turket every time you have a chance as tihis will allow to marinade more evenly.
- Place a halved apple and a whole head of garlic inside the cavity to make to keep the turkey moisture. The garlic will perfum the turkey and the apple with keep it juicy and tender.
- Place the bacon slices on a piece of wax paper. We will be intertwining it until we achieve a large square
- Place the turkey in a turkey roasting pan or tray, open the bag and we will place the bacon on top the turkey.
- You need to be brave! just take the wax papper with the bacon on top an throw it on top of the turkey breast.
- Close the bag again and make about 3 holes in it so that the steam can escape.
- Add 1 cup of water to the base where you are going to cook it.
- Place in the oven, the time will depend on the size of your turkey and if you use a bag or not, you can see the times table here.
- When it is ready remember to let it rest for a few minutes before opening it, it releases very hot steam that can burn you.
How to make the turkey juicy
A dear neighbor taught me the secret that has passed through generations in her family to prepare a perfectly juicy and tender turkey. Cut an apple in half like a head of garlic and put it inside the cavity of the turkey. Don’t stuff it, as the stuffing soaks up the juices from the turkey. The apple will help keep the turkey juicy and the garlic will flavor and add flavor.
Some other recipes you might love
- Pavo adobado
- Pavo en vino blanco y jugo de piña
- Pavo a la naranja
- Pavo al romero
- Pavo al ajo y mostaza
- Pavo a la BBQ